Venue has many useful settings that can customize the look and functionality of your product pages.
- Enable image zoom - use if you want to allow people to click to view a bigger product image in a popup
- Layout - Full width or Classic. See the section below for more on this.
- Background color - select from Default grey, Brand, Accent, White and Black. Brand and accent colors are set up in your General settings of the theme editor.
- Text color - if using a dark background color you can switch the text to Light (white)
- Background height - you can make the background color cut through you product images - see more below
- Image size - small, medium or large
Layout - Full width vs Classic
Venue was originally designed to display your product images the full width of your product page with the description and Add to cart module below. We have recently added the ability to select a Classic layout which places the product images and Add to cart module side by side. The description, reviews and global tabs will still remain below.
The Add to cart module is 'sticky' so will always be in view as your customers scroll down and read the description and the reviews.
- Show vendor - use if your store sells products made by many vendors Nike, Adidas, Puma etc.
- Show quantity - plus and minus buttons to allow customers to add more/less products to their cart.
- Show social sharing buttons - Twitter, Facebook etc share icons.
More on the background color
If you use product images that have been cut out in Photoshop and placed on a transparent background - perhaps with a drop shadow - you can achieve some dramatic effects on your product pages.
- You can select Default on the Background height to make the background color look like it is cutting through the product. This gives your page depth.
- Alternatively by selecting Full on the Background height you can put a full height block of color behind your product shots. This can make them look like they are floating.
- Alternatively use a white or transparent background color for a more minimal look.
If you have decided to use a very dark background color on your product pages you might find that the product heading, brand border and vendor heading don't have enough contrast to be legible. In this case we recommend setting the Text color to Light.
This feature does not affect any headings in the rest of your store.
Product tabs and related products
We have written separate article on these subjects.