Our Venue theme comes with a homepage section called Image with text overlay which can very flexible as it has text, background image, an inline image and the ability to add video.
Some ways you can use this section is:
- As a mission statement
- Telling a founder's story
- Communicating a value proposition
- As a way to talk about official certification with certification logo
- As a way to talk about awards with awards logo
This section has the following settings
- Overlay color - this puts a colored tint/overlay on top of your background image.
- Overlay strength - this controls how opaque the colored overlay will be.
- Text color - If your background image and color overlay are dark, you should set this to Light and vice versa. This makes the text legible.
- Section height - how much vertical space you want the section to take up on your home page.
- Background image - the edge to edge image behind the text and overlay color.
- Text - your main message - note: you can leave this blank and just have an image with a video play button.
- Inline image - a second image which sites on top of the background image and is not affected by the overlay color. This is good for founders signatures, awards logos, secondary logos, additional artwork.
- Inline image width (in pixels) - You can control how big the inline image is with this setting.
- YouTube or Vimeo link - you can set a video to play in a popup when users click the play button.
Pro tip: If you want to use a solid background without an background image simply upload a 10px x 10px jpeg solid block of your chosen color and set the overlay color to transparent.